Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Frozen Desserts
Prep Time: 10 mins | Freezing Time : 8 hours | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Orange – 3 nos
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Sugar /Honey as needed (Optional)
Water – ½ cup
Lemon /Juice – 1 tsp
1. Peel the skin from the orange and remove the hard outer layer if any. Separate it into individual chunks.
2. In a Juicer add in the Orange Chunks, Ginger Sweetener if using.
3. Finally to this add in the Water and Lemon Juice. Blend well and strain the Juice by sieving using a strainer.
4. Discard the unwanted chunks after extracting the Juice completely.
5. Transfer the freezer in a freezer safe box and freeze it completely. After 4 hours the Granita would be partially set. Scrap it using a fork and then allow it to set in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight. While serving scrap it again with the fork and serve immediately.
· Add sweetener depending on the sweetness of the Oranges mine was little sour so added sugar to adjust the taste.
· Scraping using a fork gives a fine texture to the granite than the ones done with spoon.
· Serve immediately as the granite tends to lose its texture if kept outdoor for a long time,
. Finally to this add in the Water and Lemon Juice. Blend well and strain the Juice by sieving using a strainer.