Biryani and brinjal curry are an awesome combination .In most of the Muslim houses they will always serve biryani with brinjal curry. Last week I have posted Brijni rice, I served my brinji rice with this Brijal curry. This recipe is from my aunt who taught me how to prepare the perfect brinjal curry in Muslim style.
Today being the last day of Lent I am posting this Biryani Brinjal Curry .So guess what tomorrow I will be posting a biryani recipe J for Easter celebration .
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: sidedish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time :20 mins| Serves: 4 | Author :Sharmila
To Roast and Grind:
1) In a pan add in oil, wait till the oil heat up then add in the mustard seeds,Pepper corns, curry leaves and sliced onions, fry till it becomes translucent.
2) Then add in tomato and cook till it leaves oil on the side of the pan and then add in the ginger garlic paste sauté it well till the raw smell leaves. Next add in the brinjals and mix well.
- You can skip coconut while grinding if you don’t prefer.
- Always use gingelly oil for this recipe as it’s an important ingredient which gives the authentic taste.
- I used white sesame seeds for this recipe. Black sesame seeds could also be used.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts :)