Chicken cutlet is an awesome non –veg starter ,It will be a sure hit when made for any functions .This recipe is from my mom .She makes awesome cutlet similar to the one which we get in shops. I too learned this recipe from her. This recipe is my childhood favorite recipe .Whenever mom prepares this in home I stand near the her in the kitchen and eat it hot immediately after frying I don’t have patience to wait J I am so much obsessed with this cutlet since childhood days.
Chicken culets taste great by itself, it can also be had with tomato ketchup. I prepared this cutlets for Easter and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Chicken cutlet RECIPE
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: starter
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time :20 mins| Makes: 12 | Author :Sharmila
Boneless Chicken – 200 grams
Onion – 1 medium Chopped finely
Potato – 1 medium sized boiled and mashed
Green Chilli – 2-3
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp Chopped finely
Egg – 1
Bread crumbs – 4 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
1) In a pan boil water when the water starts to boil add in the chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the chicken becomes soft. Once cooked take the cooked chicken pieces and discard the bones if any .After removing the bones, grind the chicken into a coarse mixture in a blender.
2) In a large bowl take the ground chicken, boiled and mashed potato, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli, Ginger garlic paste, onions, Garam masala.
3) Finally add in salt and mix everything well to form a dough .Now shape the dough in to small patties.
4) In a bowl break open a egg and beat well and in another bowl take the bread crumbs .Take a patty soak in the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs .In a pan add in oil and heat it up .Once it becomes hot and in the patties and deep fry .You can fry 4-5 at a time .Fry till it becomes golden brown remove it to a paper towel after frying so that excess oil can be drained. Tasty chicken cutlet is now ready to serve.
- Use boneless chicken for best results.
- You can skip the egg and use corn starch for soaking the cutlet before rolling it into the bread crumbs.
- Take corn starch add in water and form a slurry if you are replacing egg with corn starch.