Kolhapuri cuisine is famous for its mutton dishes .The name of this cuisine comes from the name of a place called Kolhapuri from Maharashtra. Kolhapuri food is world famous for its taste &Traditional Delicacies. As its Lent season I couldn’t try any Non – Veg delicacies. So I tried this Paneer Kolhapuri Masala to pair with my Coconut Milk Pulao. I would say it tasted equally good .The best thing I did is I used my home made Panner to prepare Paneer Kolhapuri Masala. The freshness of the Paneer took this recipe to a different level.
Check out the similar Veg Gravy Recipes too.
Paneer kolhapuri Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Gravy
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook time :10 mins | Serves: 2
To Grind :
For Kolhapuri Masala:
1) Take tomatoes, Cashew nuts,Ginger and Green chillies in a blender and puree it to form a fine paste. No need to add water as the water in the tomatoes are sufficient to grind it .Chop the tomatoes into medium pieces, so that the blender can grind easily.
2) For the Kolhapuri masala in a kadai dry roast the ingredients given under the Kolhapuri masala table. After the masala is roasted cool it down and then take it in a blender and grind to form a fine paste. You can add little water if required for grinding.
3) Now take a kadai add in Ghee or Oil and wait till it becomes hot , Once it’s hot add in the Fennel seeds and then add the ground tomato puree ,cook until oil gets separated from the puree. Then add in turmeric powder and Garam masala powder.
4) Mix well and let it boil for 2 mins. Then add in the ground Kohlapuri masala, Chilli powder ,Salt and Water. Let it cook for some time in a medium flame.
5) Now add in the Cubed Paneer pieces and then simmer for 3 mins, Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- I used my home made Paneer for preparing this Recipe.
- Tastes good when served with Rotis or any Pulao.