Tutti Frutti butterscotch loaf cake is a delicious cake which can be served during tea time. A slice of this cake with a strong Tea will make our evenings heavenly. Tutti Frutti is nothing but candied papaya. Adding Butterscotch chips in this cake is purely optional. You can also replace it with Choco chips otherwise you can omit it , and bake it as a pure Tutti Frutti Cake. This cake is another addition to my Eggless and Butter less baking. Now let's get into some serious baking business.
Similar Eggless and Butterless Cakes
Check out the other Cakes/Bakes recipes too..
Tutti Frutti Butterscotch Loaf Cake Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins | Makes: 1 loaf
1) In a large bowl add in the wet curd, Oil and Powdered sugar. Mix really well until all the ingredients are well combine. Add in the vanilla essence also and mix well.
2) Sift in All-purpose flour, Baking soda, Baking powder and salt .Sift at least for twice or thrice, this will ensure all the ingredients are combined evenly. Next add in the tutti frutti and butterscotch chips and toss well with the sifted mixture. Toss in such a way that tutti frutti and butterscotch chips are fully coated with flour mixture.
3) Now combine the dry and wet ingredients together in batches and mix well. It will be a slight thick better. But don’t worry this is the perfect consistency. Now prepare a loaf pan, by greasing in butter and coat it with all-purpose flour and tap of the excess flour. Also place a butter paper in the pan. Now pour in the batter in the prepared pan. Preheat the oven in 180Deg C for 10 mins. Then Bake in 180Deg C for about 40-45 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the cake.
- Don’t skip the tossing of tutti frutti and butterscotch chips in the flour, Otherwise it might get submerged in the bottom of the cake pan while baking.
- Check your Oven user manual for baking instructions, as the time of baking may vary from oven to oven so keep a check after 30mins.
- Always use fresh curd for this cake. If it’s too sour it will spoil the taste of the cake.