Granita is a semi frozen desert made with sugar, water and various flavourings. It is basically from Italy. Sorbet is another dessert which is made by greezing the pureed fruit.However sorbet and Granita have a similar preparation only the texture differs. Sorbet is more compact when compared with Granita. In WaterMelon granite I have not used water as the watermelon itself have 92% water content .This can be perfect dessert for this hot summer. We can prepare granita with various fruits.
Check out the other summer specials:
WATERMELON GRANITA RECIPE
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category:Dessert
Prep Time: 10-12 hours | Serves: 3 | Author :Sharmila
Seedless WaterMelon chunks – 4 cups
Sugar – ¼ cup
Juice of ½ lemon
1) Chop the watermelon into small chunks ,preferably remove the seeds .In a blender add in the Lemon juice and sugar and blend it well.
2) In the same blender now add in the Watermelon chunks and pulse into a fine puree. Remove the puree from the blender and pour it into a freezer safe container.
3) Freeze it for about 3 hours .Remove it after 3 hours and see, it would have set partially. Scrape it with the help of a spoon and then continue freezing.
- Serve the granite immediately as it tends to cool down after taking out from the freezer.
- Don’t skip the Lemon juice as it gives a great flavour to the Watermelon Granita
- The perfect consistency is that it should look like icy crystals.
- Always use a fork to break the granita ,as with a spoon we might not get the perfect grains.