Even since I stared baking I had in mind to bake a muffins with wheat flour. I was also conscious that the wheat muffins should not compromise in taste and texture with the muffins made with all-purpose flour .So here is the recipe which I have tried and it was a great success in my baking venture, A whole Wheat Choco chip muffin, the added advantage is that it is eggless and butter less also I have skipped castor sugar and added the brown sugar.
Now that we have so many excuses to bake this healthy muffins and eat it without any guilt. Taste wise and texture wise also it’s equally good. Give a try everyone and enjoy your muffins with a cup of milk.
Check out the other Cakes/Bakes recipes too..
Whole wheat choco chip muffins recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Cakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Baking time :15-17 mins | Author :Sharmila
Wheat Flour – 1 cup +2 tbsp(For Tossing choco chips)
Brown Sugar – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup
Flavourless Oil – ¼ cup
Water – 1/8 cup
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Choco Chips – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
1. Line your Muffin tray with Muffin liners. In a large bowl add in the powdered brown sugar and then add in milk.
2. Add in Oil and water .Mix everything really well with a whisk until all the ingredients are well combined. Make sure the sugar is also dissolved.
3. Take the measured Choco chips in a bowl and add in 2 tbsp of Wheat flour and toss really well, such that all the Choco chips are coasted with flour. In another bowl take Wheat flour, Baking powder and Baking soda and sieve it twice or thrice until all the dry ingredients are well combined.
4. Now combine the dry and wet ingredient little by little and combine well, make sure no lumps are there. Next add in the flour coated Choco chips and combine the batter really well with a spatula.
5. Now pour the prepared batter into the lined Muffin cases. You can use an ice cream scoop/Ladle to pour the batter equally in to the muffin cases. Fill ¾ of the Muffin cases as the Muffins will raise while baking. Pre heat the oven in 180 deg C for 10 mins and then bake the muffins in 180 deg C for about 15-17 mins or a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- You can replace brown sugar with Jaggery or cane sugar too.
- Using powdered sugar is recommended as it helps the sugar to dissolve easily.
- Don’t skip the sieving of the flour with baking powder and baking soda, as this helps in the even mixture of all the ingredients.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven, so keep a check after 12 mins.
Please do try and let us know your comments. We value your thoughts .Happy baking J