Beetroot Halwa is a delicious way to include veggies into your diet .It is a simple but yum dessert .Even the kids who hate beetroot will never say no to this halwa. Till the first time I tasted this halwa I never know it will be so delicious .After that I started making it so often and everyone in home loved it J
Check out the other Sweets/Desserts recipes too
Beetroot halwa recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time :15 mins | Author :Sharmila
Grated Beetroot – 3 cups
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Nuts – To Garnish (I used pistachios)
1) In a heavy bottomed pan (I used the pressure cooker pan) add in the grated beetroot fry well for about 5 mins or till the raw smell leaves. Now add in the milk.
2) Cook well until the milk is completely gone .By this time the beetroot should also have been almost cooked .at this stage add in the sugar.
3) The sugar will starts to melt down and halwa will again become watery. Add this stage add in the cardamom powder and Ghee. Keep the stove in a medium flame and cook till the halwa starts leaving the edge of the pan. Garnish with nuts and serve.
- You can prepare carrot halwa by following the same recipe just by replacing beetroot with carrot
- You can also skip adding nuts if you don’t prefer.