I came across this recipe in my friend's wedding ,I actually forgot about this recipe but then Last week when my hubby was not in home I felt like having biryani and I was out of stock of biryani rice then I got a spark and reminded of this recipe.
It so simple but tastes similar to vegetable biryani .I would say this is the healthy version of vegetable biryani, It can be consumed without guilt as its prepared using wheat rava.
Check out the other Rice/Grains Recipe too ..
Broken wheat biryani recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Biryani
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 3 | Author :Sharmila
Broken wheat – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chilli – 2
Beans – 5 nos
Carrot – 1
Potato – 1
Capsicum – 1 small
Curd – 1/8 cup
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Bay leaves – 2
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon sticks – 1 inch piece
1) In a heavy bottomed pressure cooker add in oil once the oil heat up add in the “To Temper” ingredients .Wait till all the whole spices gives up a nice aroma, then add in the sliced onions and slit green chilli. Cook till the onions turns translucent and then add in the ginger garlic paste fry for about a min or until the raw smell leaves.
2) Add in the Tomatoes and cook till the oil separates. Now add in the vegetables and sauté for about 2 mins.
3) Now add in the Broken Wheat and mix well along with the vegetables, Next add in add the spice powders and salt fry for about a min.
4) Now add in the measured water and curd .Mix well and check for salt and spice and adjust if anything is less. Finally when the water starts to boil close the pressure cooker and cook for One Whistle and wait till the pressure get released all by itself. Open the cooker after the pressure is released.Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves . Tasty broken wheat biryani is ready J
- Tastes good with Onion Raita
- You also add mint and coriander leaves in the biryani.
- If you not cooking in pressure cooker add 2 ½ cups of water for 1 cup of Broken Wheat
Please do try and let us know your comments. We value your thoughts J