Healthy Dal Adai /Parupu Adai is an Indian Breakfast .This dish is filled with proteins because of the dals added .We add Channa Dal, Urad Dal, Tour dal for this adai. An Adai for a breakfast is a healthy way to start our day.
Tastes good when served with coconut chutney or Peanut Chutney.
Check out the other Breakfast recipes also.
Parupu Adai/Dal Adai recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 mins | Soaking Time : 2-3 hours |Cook Time : 2-3 mins
Onion – 2 medium sized
Oil – as needed
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves - a spring
Water as required
To soak and grind:
Tour dal – ½ cup
Channa dal – ½ cup
Urad dal – ½ cup
Raw rice – ½ cup
Idli Rice – ½ cup
Dry red chilli – 6 to 7 as per taste
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper – ¼ tsp
Curry Leaves – a spring
Hing – 1 tsp
1) Soak in Tour Dal, Channa Dal, Urad dal, Raw Rice, Idli rice for about 3 hours .After soaking take the soaked dals and rice along with Dry Red chillies, Cumin seeds, Pepper, Curry leaves and Hing in a blender or grinder and grind it to a coarse batter.
2) Mix water along with the batter the consistency should be similar to idly batter. Not too runny and not too thick.In a kadai add in oil once the oil becomes hot add in Mustard seeds let it splutter and then add the channa dal and curry leaves.
3) Then add in the finely chopped onions and fry till it becomes translucent .Add this to the ground batter.
4) Along with this add in salt and freshly grated coconut to the batter and mix well.
5) Take a Dosa tawa (I used my iron dosa kal) .Wait till the dosa pan becomes hot and then take a ladder full of batter and spread like how we do for dosa .Pour oil along the sides .Once its cooked flip and cook the next side also .Helathy Dal Adai is now ready !!