Pepper chicken is an important appetizer in the Non-Veg cuisine. It can be made in dry as well gravy version. Today I have prepared the dry version. It pairs well is Steamed Rice and Rasam .Nothing can beat this combo .It also goes well with biryani’s pulao’s and Indian Flat bread.
Check out the other appetizers too
Pepper Chicken recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: appetizer
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time : 30 mins| Serves – 4
1) Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with salt, Lemon juice and pepper and set aside for about 30 mins. Now in a Kadai add in the oil once the oil heats up add in the Fennel seeds let in splutter and then add in curry leaves and green chilli .Then add in the sliced onions and cook till it become translucent.
2) After the onion is cooked add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves and then add in Crushed pepper ,Turmeric powder and Garam Masala .Mix well so that everything is mixed evenly ,Now add in Soya Sauce and Tomato Sauce .
3) Stir everything well and then add salt. Add the salt with care as the chicken is already marinated with salt and soya sauce also contains salt. Next add in the marinated chicken pieces. Mix everything well so that the masala is coated well with the chicken. Then add in the ¾ cups of water and cook the chicken well.
4) Once the water is evaporated the chicken will change in colour and become dark then switch off the flame. Delicious Pepper chicken is ready..
- Fry some curry leaves and add to the dish at the end, Curry Leaves enhances the flavour of Pepper Chicken.
- Always use Crushed pepper for this recipe.
Please do try and let us know your comments. We value your thoughts.