Jam is a one come thing found in the refrigerator of most of the household. And as we know mangoes are in Season now... I thought of sharing a Jam with Mangoes. It is so easy to prepare we just require the ingredients which are available readily in our kitchen. I have also not used any preservatives for this recipe. But it will stay good for about 3 months J
Similar Recipes with Mango
Mango Jam recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International| Recipe Category: Jam
Prep Time: 5 mins |Cook Time : 20 mins | Makes – 1 cup
Mango – 1 big
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
1) In a blender add in the chopped mango pieces blend it to a fine puree without adding water. Take saucepan/Kadai which you are going to use to prepare the jam. Transfer the mango puree into the saucepan add in sugar and lemon juice and allow it rest for about 30 mins. This will help the contents blend together.
2) Switch on the flame and start stirring the mixture in a low flame. It will be juicy at the beginning and slowly it will start leaving the sides of the saucepan, it starts to turn shiny and reaches the Jam consistency.
3) Once the Jam consistency is reached switch off the flame and transfer the contents to a sterilized bottle for a longer shelf life. You can test the Consistency of the Jam if you take that in a spatula it should stick to it, similarly you can test by taking that into a plate it should be firm it should not fall down. This is the correct consistency.
- Always use a clean spoon for a longer shelf life.
- If you think you mangoes are not sweeter you can add more sugar.
Please do try and let us know your comments. We value your thoughts J