Jeera rice is a simple but flavorful Main coarse .It can be prepared in any busy day .It can be prepared with very few ingredients. So many variations can be made in this Jeera Rice recipe, but I have used a very basic version.
Check out the other Rice/Grains recipe here
Jeera Rice recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins| Serves – 2
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Water – 1 ¼ cups
Jeera /Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Cinnamon stick – 2 inch piece
Bay Leaves – 2
Clove – 2
Salt – as needed
Oil – 2 tbsp
Caramelized Onions – ¼ cup (Optional)
1) Wash and Soak Basmati Rice in Water for about 20 – 30 mins. Switch on the stove and heat the pressure cooker ,Add in 2 tbsp of Oil .Once the oil becomes hot add in the Cumin seeds and wait till it splutter and then add in Bay Leaves ,clove ,Cinnamon Stick.
2) Wait till all the spices gives out a nice aroma .Now add in the soaked basmati rice and then fry for a minute. And then add in 1 ¼ cup of water.Cook in high flame after adding water .
3) Mix everything really well and then add in the salt as per the taste .When the water starts to boil close the pressure cooker.Wait till the steam comes out from the whistle and then add in the whistle and pressure cook for 1 whistle .Open the cooker after the pressure gets released by itself. Fluff it carefully with fork without breaking the rice .Delicious Jeera Rice is ready to be served.
- Caramelized onions can be added before serving the rice. It gives a nice flavour.
- Shahi Jeera can be used to increase the flavour.
- I used olive oil for cooking.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J