Mangoes are in season now.. So I was thinking for a recipe using Mangoes which will be perfect for the summer .So is it Mango Water Melon Popsicles. This is as healthy as I didn’t include any artificial colour and sweetener. The Mangoes which I used and Water Melon are sweeter .So I just made a puree out of it and made the popsicles .kids will love this pops for sure due to its vibrant colour .You can also useFruits to make this Popsicle and feed your kids healthy food this summer.
Checkout the other Summer Recipes too
Mango WaterMelon Popsicles recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Ice Cream
Prep Time: 6 hours or Overnight | Makes – 4
1) In a blender add in chopped Water Melon pieces preferably seedless along with sugar if required .Blend it into a fine puree without adding water. Now take the Popsicle mould.
2) Fill the popsicles mould till half .close it with the lid and the freeze it for about 2 hours till the water Melon Layer is set .After 2 hours before taking the popsicles mould out of the fridge add in the chopped mango pieces into a blender and sugar if required. Blend it into a fine puree without adding water.
3) Take the popsicle mould from fridge by this time the Water Melon layer would have set .Fill the mould with the Mango puree so the mould it filled now. Close it with a lid and freeze it for 6 hours or overnight .While unmoulding the Popsicle from mould show the mould in running tap water. Healthy Popsicle's are now ready .Serve it immediately.
- If the Water Melon and Mango are sweeter no need to add Sugar.
- I used Banganapalli Mango Variety.
- De-seed the sugar from Water Melon before blending
- If you dont have a popsicle mould you can also use a disposable plastic cup or even ice tray in fridges .If using the above cove it with a silver foil and insert a ice cream stick or tooth pick.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J