My Mango marathon would be incomplete without a cake ..So I made an Eggless Mango Loaf Cake .it came out really well .I loved the Flavour of Mango when mixed with Cardamom powder it gives a nice aroma to the cake so don’t skip adding it to the cake.It is eggless and butterless so healthy indeed.
Similar Eggless and Butterless bakes:
Checkout the Cakes/Bakes too
Mango Loaf Cake recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Cakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 40 mins| Makes – 1 loaf
Maida – 1 ½ cups
Sugar ½ - ¾ cups
Mango Puree – 1 cup
Curd – ¼ cup
Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda - ½ tsp
Elachi /Cardamon Powder – ½ tsp
Salt a pinch
1) Chop on the mango into cubes and blend it into fine puree using a blender or food processor without adding water. Meanwhile prepare the baking tin by greasing it with butter and then coat with flour then tap the baking tin to remove the excess flour also I lined my loaf pan with parchment paper for easy un molding of the cake.
2) Sift together Maida, Baking powder, Baking soda and salt for two or three times. This is to ensure the dry ingredients are combined evenly. Now in another large bowl add in the olive oil.
3) Along with the Olive oil add in Curd, Mango puree, Sugar, Cardamom Powder.
4) Mix all the ingredients really well until they are well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Now slowly add in the wet ingredients in small batches and mix well. The batter might appear thick but that is absolutely ok J
5) Now transfer the batter into the prepared baking tin .Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the cake in 190 deg C for about 30 – 35 mins or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- I used banganapalli Mango variety for my cake. Use Alphonso mango for intense yellow colour cake.
- If you feel the batter is too thick add in extra 1 or 2 tbsp of Mango Puree depending on the consistency you wish.
- My Cake was done is 30 mins.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value you thoughts J