Poori is always a super hit among kids .It can be made even special by combining it with Mangoes .I have started my Mango Marathon so this week fully im gonna share Mango Specials.Anyone with us??
Mango Poori recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category: Kids Special
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time :2-3 mins per batch | Makes – 3 cups
Mango – 1 big
Sugar – 6 tbsp
Wheat Flour – 1 ½ cup
Oil for deep frying + 1 tbsp for dough
Salt a pinch
1) In a blend add in the chopped mango pieces along with sugar. Blend them together to form a fine puree without adding sugar.
2) In another large bowl take the wheat flour add in 1 tbsp of oil ,Salt and the mango puree .Bring everything together and form a smooth dough .Cover the dough and allow it to rest for about 30 mins.
3) Divide the dough into small balls of equal proportions and cut into any desired shapes .You can use your cookie cutter for this.
- You can also use All-purpose flour to making the poori.
- Adjust the sugar level according to the sweetness of your mango.
- I used Banganapalli mango variety hence the coconut is pale yellow. The colour of the poori varies according to the mango variety.
- Don’t roll the poori very thin ,then it won’t puff up. Roll it a bit thick.