Orange juice is healthy drink which is much needed to beat the heat this summer. I added ginger also in my orange juice which boosts digestion .Based on your taste you can adjust the sugar added in the juice. Always use fresh orange to prepare the juice.
I have used my blender to prepare the juice alternatively juicer can also be used, or you can squeeze out the juice from orange.
Check out the other drinks and beverages also ..
Orange juice RECIPE
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: juice
Prep Time: 10 mins| | Serves: 2 | Author :Sharmila
Orange – 2
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – To taste
Lemon – juice from ½ lemon
Ginger – ½ inch piece chrushed
1) Peel the Orange skin and dissect separately all the chunks of orange. Put the pieces in to a blender or Food Processor .Add in sugar, Water and Lemon juice along with the orange and blend thoroughly.
2) Take a strainer and strain the orange juice. Press with a spoon in the strainer such that all the juice have be collected leaving behind only the chunks. To the strained orange juice add in few pieces of crushed Ginger and Let it sit or 5 mins. After 5 mins once again strain so that the ginger pieces can be removed. Pour the juice in your favorite glass and serve immediately.
- Serve the orange juice immediately after preparing .As both Orange and Lemon have citric acid in it.
- Don’t skip adding the Ginger as it enhances the flavour of the juice.
- You can skip the sugar part if your Oranges are fresh and Juicy. If its sour we have to add sugar.
- Add Ice Cubes while serving, or you can use cold water while blending the Oranges.