Sautéed chicken is an easy lip smacking appetizer. It can be served with any Biryani/Pulao or with Indian Flat bread. I have added Kashmiri red chilli powder it gives a nice colour to the dish by this way we can prevent adding artificial colour to our food. The veggies are added after the chicken is half cooked is to maintain the crunchy texture of them.
I have prepared this dish in my home during Easter .I paired it with Naatu Kozhi/Desi chicken Biryani, ChickenCutlet and Onion Raita.
· Fish fry
Sautéed chicken RECIPE
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Appetizer
Prep Time: 30 mins| Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 4 | Author :Sharmila
Chicken – 500 grams
Onion – 1 medium sized
Capsicum – 1 small cubed
Oil – 3 tbsp
Kashmiri Red chillipowder – 4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Lemon – juice from ½ lemon
1) In a large bowl add in the cleaned chicken pieces and then add in the ingredients mentioned in the “To Marinate” table .Mix everything well and let it rest for about 30mins – 1 hour .Then take a kadai and add in oil ,Once the oil becomes hot add in the marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
2) Cook till the chicken is half done and then add in the sliced onions and cubed capsicum and fry again.
3) Cook till the chicken is done.
- You can use boneless chicken also for this recipe.
- I used Kashmiri red chilli powder as it gives a nice red colour to the dish. You can also use normal red chilli powder
- If using normal red chilli powder adjust according to your taste as it is spicier than Kashmiri red chilli powder.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts.