We have a good news today... Yes it is our 100th post .So I am sharing a cookie recipe for this occasion to celebrate. Wheat Coconut cookies is crispy and soft by texture. This is healthy too as I used wheat flour to prepare this cookie. But no compromise in taste and texture. I loved this cookie and it pairs well with a cup of chai or milk .Enjoy your evening with a cup of milk and wheat coconut cookie.
Check out the other Cakes and Bakes too…
Wheat coconut cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time : 15 mins| Makes – 10
Wheat Flour – ½ cup
Desiccated Coconut – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp for rolling the cookies
Softened butter – ¼ cup
Powdered Sugar – ¼ cup
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Milk as needed
1) In a large bowl take powdered sugar, softened room temperature unsalted butter and vanilla essence.
2) Mix well using a whisk such that the butter and sugar are creamed together. Next add in the wheat flour and desiccated coconut.
3) Mix that well and bring the flour together .If necessary add in milk and roll out into a soft dough. The dough should be really soft .Allow the dough to rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough into equal sized balls and press it flat in between the palms to form the round shaped cookie .Roll the cookie in desiccated coconut and place it in the baking tray.
4) Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake in 180 deg C for about 15-18 mins. Allow it to cool down in a wire rack and then store well in air tight containers. Tasty wheat coconut cookies are now ready.
- My cookies are done by 15 mins. So keep a check after 12 mins as the baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Adjust the sugar level according to your preference.
- The cookies may appear soft while they come out of the oven by will become crisp once it cools down.
- The cookies stay good for more than a week.
Please do try and let know your comments. We value your thoughts J