Never know baking a bread would be so much easy J Yes I nailed it.. This is going to my keeper recipe for bread. This is the basic recipe for bread, We can even make so many variations to this recipe,such as adding wheat flour ,Oats or even multi grain flour .I bet you will never buy Breads from shop once you start making it in home .The only thing you have to invest is the time ,As it needs time to proof up the bread .
This is a healthy version actually its Eggless and Butter less, I will try to make a more healthy version soon by baking a Wheat Bread.
Check out the Other Cakes/Bakes too..
White Bread RECIPE -eggless
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category: Breads and Bakes
Prep Time:3 hours| Bake Time : 45-40 mins | Makes: 1 loaf | Author :Sharmila
All purpose flour/Maida – 3 cup
Warm Water – 1 cup
Dry Yeast – ½ tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1) In a bowl take the 1 cup of warm water, Add in the Sugar and let it dissolve in the water and then add the dry yeast .Keep this undisturbed for about 10 mins.
2) Sift together All-purpose flour and salt at least twice .Add then take the dry ingredients in a large bowl .Add in Oil ,You can use any flavor less oil. I used Olive oil .Mean while the yeast water would have bubbled up.
3) Add the Water to the flour and then mix the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, it may be sticky but don’t worry. Add more water if required and knead the dough to be smooth and soft .Add some more oil and knead to a very soft dough. Now keep the dough in a large bowl and seal with Cling film wrap.
4) On top of clip film place a kitchen towel and keep the dough undisturbed for about 2 – 2 ½ hours for the dough to proof up. After 2 hours the dough would have proofed up by itself.
5) Now punch the excess air out .Prepare a loaf pan and place the dough into the loaf pan and shape it to fit into the loaf pan.
6) Now again Cling wrap the loaf pan and place a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for another 45 mins. The dough will proof again. Preheat the oven in 190 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the bread in 190 deg C for about 45-50 mins or until you get a nice golden bread. Check the bottom of the loaf pan to find if the bread is baked it would have start to leave the loaf pan .If the bottom is pale continue to bake for some more time.
- Make sure the water is not hot while adding the yeast, as it may kill the yeast. So let it be warm.
- You can also replace water with Milk.
- Make two are three slashes in the bread before it goes into oven for baking as it will increase the aeration .
- Always check for the expiry date of the yeast before using it. As dead yeast will not proof up the bread.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts. Have a blessed sunday Everyone J