Keerai Poriyal /Greens stir fry is a healthy poriyal served as a Lunch Side dish. I like greens a lot. It is rich in Iron and Minerals. It is highly recommend for Pregnant Ladies and they needed a lot of iron contents. It pairs well with Sambar as well as Fish Curry
Check out the other Lunch SideDish Recipes too..Arai Keerai Poriyal Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Lunch side Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins |Cook Time :15 mins | Serves :3 |Author :Sharmila
1. Take a bunch of fresh Arai Keerai .Wash it really well. It may have minute sand particles. So wash it really well. After wash chop it well. Take a kadai and add in oil.
2. Once the oil heats up add in mustard seeds .Once it splutters add in Slit open green chillies and then add in the onions. Fry it till it becomes translucent. Add in Salt and the turmeric powder.
3. Mix it well and then add in the Keerai and mix well. Close it and cook in low flame for about 5 mins and the open the kadai the keerai would have reduced in volume by this time.
4. Continue cooking without the lid for another 5 – 7 mins .check for salt .The Keerai would have cooked by this time. At last add in the freshly grated coconut mix well and switch off the flame.
- Always cook in low to medium flame else the greens/Keerai would get burnt in the bottom.
- You can also add dry red chilli and garlic while seasoning. It will give an additional flavour.