Chicken Pulao is a chicken flavoured rice .It does not have more spices but it is so flavour full. I served my chicken pulao with Chicken fry and Onion Raita.
Check out the other Rice/Grains recipes too
Chicken Pulao recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category: Appetizer
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook Time :25 mins | Serves – 3
Chicken – 250 grams
Onions – 2 medium
Tomato 1 big
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 1 ¼ cups
Cardamom - 3
Bay Leaves - 2
Clove – 3
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curd – ¼ cup
Salt – as needed
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
1. In a big take the cleaned chicken pieces and add in the ingredients under “To marinate” section and marinate it for about 2 hours.
2. In a pressure cooker add in oil once the oil heats up add in Fennel seeds ,Bay Leaves, cloves, Cardamom and wait till a nice flavour comes out of the whole spices.
3. Add in the sliced onion and cook till the onions turn translucent next add in the tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy and then add in Chilli powder and mix everything well.
4. Now add in the marinated chicken pieces and mix everything really well after 2 mins add in the measured water and Soaked Basmati Rice.
5. Mix everything really well and check for salt and then wait till the water comes to a boil and then close the pressure cooker lid once the steam comes out of the pressure cooker put the cooker whistle and then cook in high flame for about 1 whistle. Wait till the pressure get released all by itself and then open the pressure cooker lid. Carefully fluff it up with a fork without breaking the rice. Tasty and flavourful chicken pulao is now ready to be served.
- For those who don't prefer or don't have pressure cooker specially bachelor’s .This can be cooked in your Electric Rice cooker itself.
- However the water measure will vary in Rice cooker. For one cup Rice use 2 cups of water
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J