Soups are always a comfort food any part of our day. Chicken added with soups indeed gives me more pleasure. Usually soups are made with chicken or any veggies simmered and flavored with spices. It is actually a very healthy way to included meat and veggies in our food but it is not heavy.
This soup is actually a non-creamy version but it is actually looks and tastes creamy due to the addition of all-purpose flour and milk. I have actually cooked the chicken in a pan this can be done in a pressure cooker as well. Check notes for the pressure cooker version
Creamy chicken soup recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International| Recipe Category : Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook Time :15 mins | serves :3 |Author :Sharmila
1. In a pan add in the minced chicken along with salt and pepper to boiling water and wait till the chicken is cooked. It will be cooked in about 5 minutes. Separate the chicken and stock don’t discard the stock as we will use that in the soup. In another pan/Kadai add in butter and then add in finely chopped garlic pods and onions. Sauté till the onions turns translucent.
2. Next add in finely chopped carrot, Salt and pepper fry for about 2 minutes. Next add in the all-purpose flour and then add in chicken stock.. Mix everything well with a whisk such that no lumps are formed. Mixed until the all-purpose flour blends well with the chicken stock. Simmer it for a minute and then add in the cooked minced chicken and mix everything well .Cook in a low flame .After about 1 min add in the boiled milk.
- You can also use shredded chicken to this recipe.
- Adjust the salt and pepper as per your taste.
- You can also add more vegetables if you prefer.
- This chicken can also be cooked in a pressure cooker by adding the chicken water, salt and pepper and then cooked for 2 whistles.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J