Egg Rice is a Saviour in most of the busy working days. It is such a simple recipe but tasty. Whenever we have some left over rice in fridge we can quickly whip us this and feed our family. It tastes good with any pickle and fries. I make it whenever I run out of time and no veggies left out in my kitchen. Anybody can make this dish it is so simple.
Similar Bachelor Recipes:
Check out the other Rice/Grains Recipes too…
EGG Rice recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category : Main Course
Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook Time :15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
1. In a kadai add in oil once the oil heats up add in mustard seeds and wait till it splutter now add in slit open green chillies and Curry Leaves ,Fry for a min and then add in chopped onion. Sauté everything well.
2. It is not necessary to cook the onions fully, we shall maintain a crunchy texture to the onions. So fry till the raw smell leave and the onions looks glossy. Now add in the salt, Turmeric powder and Pepper powder .Move all the contents to one said of the kadai and then crack open three egg and start scrambling the eggs will get cooked in about a minute or two after that mix everything together.
3. Once all the contents are mixed well add in the Cooked Basmati Rice and Mix well and Switch off the flame. Tasty and Simple Egg Rice is ready to be served.
- You can add up to 3 chillies if you prefer it more spicy.
- You can use left over rice for this recipe.
- You can pack it for lunch as it is very easy to prepare.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J