Kara pori /Spicy Masala Puffed Rice is a healthy snack. We can munch it as much as we can without any guilty. Usually we get kara pori in all Road sides .It is a common snack in most part of India. Now lets get started J
Kara Pori/Masala puffed Rice recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category : Snack
Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook Time :10 mins | Makes :4 cups |Author :Sharmila
1. In a kadai add in oil once the oil heats up add in a generous pinch of hing then Garlic pods and Curry leaves Fry for a min and the add in Peanuts. Fry well until the peanuts are roasted.do this in low flame or the peanuts might turn black.2. Mix everything really well and the add in Roasted Gram Dal and fry for few secs. Next add in turmeric powder, Chili powder and Salt.
3. Fry everything in a low flame and then add in the puffed rice/Pori and mix well .Switch off the flame. Tasty Masala Puffed Rice/Kara Pori is ready. Store in an air tight container.
- Adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- You can also add roasted Peanuts.
- This can be served as an evening snack.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J