It is raining mangos in the market .so last week when I went to market I picked up couple of them. I made Mango Thokku, Raw Mango chutney and Mango Rice. Will be sharing those recipes as well soon. Now coming back to Mango Rice, it is one of the South Indian Variety Rice and it is a great Lunch box recipe.It is can prepared in 10 mins if we have the cooked rice ready.
It pairs well with papad or any chips. It has a tangy taste.
Similar Lunch Box Recipes:
Check out the other Mango Recipes too
Mango Rice recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Main Course
Prep Time: 5 mins |Cook Time :15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
1. Take a mango peel of the skin and grate it in a carrot grater and keep it aside. In a kadai add in oil once it heats up add in mustard seeds , Urad dal ,Red chilli and Curry leaves one by one.
2. Next add in roasted peanuts and sauté it for a min and then add in turmeric powder and salt and then mix well. Next add in the grated Mango.
3. Fry it for about a minute in medium flame the mango will become soft and start blending with the masala. Now switch off the flame and add in the cooked Rice and mix well Tangy Mango Rice is now ready to go into your Lunch boxes.
- Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of peanuts added.
- You can also use cashew nuts if you prefer.
- Pairs well with Potato fry and Vadams
- We can use left over rice to prepare this dish.
- If your are very sour add in a tsp of sugar while cooking.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J