Mango thokku is a spicy and tangy pickle made using Raw Mangoes. It pairs well with Curd Rice and Steamed Rice. So this Mango Season I made Mango Thokku and it came out really well.
Check out the other Mango Recipes too..
Mango thokku recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Pickle
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
1. Take a full Mango .Peel the skin over the Mango fully .Now using a grater grate the Mango Fully.
2. Now take a pan/Kadai and add in 2 tbsp of Gingelly Oil. Once the oil heats up add in Mustard, Let it splutter. Then add in the grated Mango and saute it for about 4 mins. Add in Turmeric powder and Salt and mix well.Cook for about 3-4 mins in medium flame the mangoes will become soft.
3. Then add in the Chilli powder and Mix well .Keep on Cooking the grated Mangoes will reduce in volume .
4. Once the Mangoes comes together and in 2 tbsp of oil and keep on cooking adjust the salt and spice level accordingly.Continue cooking until the oil oozes on the sides of the pan. Finally add in the Fenugreek powder and mix well and then switch off the flame.
- Store the Mango thokku in an air tight container and refrigerate for a longer shelf life.
- Always use a clean and dry spoon for a longer shelf life.
- Tastes good when served with curd Rice.
- Don’t skip Gingelly oil and Fenugreek powder as they both are the main flavouring agents for the thokku.
- You can also add a small piece of jaggery