Egg is a saviour to most of the ladies. When we are about to whip up a quick side dish we just search for eggs from our refrigerator. So I made this mushroom egg burji one fine day when I had to prepare a quick breakfast and added mushroom to make to tastier. I used this as a stuffing and prepared mushroom masala dosai .Will share the recipe soon.
Similar Recipe with mushroom:
Check out the other LunchSide Dish Recipes too…
Mushroom egg burji recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Sidedish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time :15 mins | Author :Sharmila
Button Mushroom – 1/2 cup
Egg – 2
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Green chilli – 2
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1) Clean the mushroom and set aside. Now in a kadai/Pan add in oil once the oil heats up add in the cumin seeds and wait till it splutter and then add the curry leaves and slit opened green chillies. Next add in the finely chopped onions and fry till they are nicely cooked and then add in the chopped tomatoes.
2) Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy. Next add in the Turmeric powder, Garam Masala powder, Pepper powder and salt and mix well such that the spice powders are mixed well with the cooked onions and tomatoes. Next add in the cleaned and chopped button mushrooms and mix well and allow it to get cooked .No need to add water as the water from the mushroom is enough to cook .
3) Once the mushrooms are cooked completely move the mushroom along with tomatoes and onions to one corner of the pan and then break open two eggs .Scramble the eggs well without mixing the mushroom .Once the eggs get cooked mix everything and keep in low flame for about a min and switch off the flame. Add in chopped coriander leaves at last.
- You can add crushed pepper corn powder, crushed garlic pods for an extra punch instead of pepper powder.
- Tastes good with Roti or steamed Rice
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J