Paal kozhukattai is an awesome dessert my hubby loves it so much .I don’t usually follow the tradition recipe .I actually follow a quick and easy recipe so that we can prepare Paal kozhukattai any time of the day. I usually prepare this and store in refrigerator and it will stay good for about 3 days.
Will be posting the traditional version soon. Tradition version calls for Jaggery .We can also prepare using coconut milk. Now Let’s get started J
Check out the other sweets/desserts too…
Paal kozhukatTai recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category : dessert
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time – 25 mins| Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Water – ¼ cup
Salt as required
Sugar – ¼ cup
Condensed milk – 1/8 cup
Elachi /Cardamom powder – a pinch
1) In a large bowl sieve in rice flour and salt together and add in water to form a soft dough. From the dough take small piece and roll it in between your palms to form equal sized small balls. Repeat this process for all the reaming dough.
2) In a large sauce pan add in the milk and bring it to boil .Add in elachi powder ,Sugar and Condensed milk and mix well and now add in the rice flour balls now keep the stove in low flame. Don’t mix them as the balls might tend to break.
3) Cook in a low flame till the rice flour balls get cooked and stir once in a while so that it doesn't get burnt , by this time the milk would have reduced by half. It the milk is runny add in a tbsp of rice flour and mix well .The milk will become thick now switch off the flame and serve.
- You can skip condensed milk instead add in ½ cups of water.
- Serve the kozhukattai half an hour after preparation so that the rice flour balls blends well with the milk.
- You can also serve chilled.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J