Kerala Cuisine always have a special place in my household. The rich aroma are flavour that comes from authentic Kerala Food is heavenly .Kerala is famous for its Sea foods .How ever Vegetarian delicacies from Kerala also have a special place .Especially the food prepared during Onam Sadya plays an important role as Vegetarian food is served during Onam.
Pineapple Pulissery also plays an important role in Onam. It is a mandatory Kuzhambu/Gravy for Onam. The aroma that comes with the blend of Pineapple and coconut oil is just out of the world
Pineapple pulissery recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 5 mins |Cook Time :15 mins | Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
1. In a blender/Food Processor add in the chopped pineapples and blend well to form a fine puree. Take a kadai and add in oil once it becomes hot add in the pine apple puree.
2. Add in the water mix well and then add in the Turmeric powder and Salt and mix well and cook till it comes to a boil. Now in a blender blend the ingredients under the To Grind table in to a course paste and add it to the Pine apple Gravy. Wait till it comes to a boil. Next take curd in a bowl and beat well to form a creamy texture and add to the Gravy and switch off the flame.. Start by preparing the tadka. In a kadai add in the oil once it heats up add in mustard seeds ,Hing ,Dry Red Chilli and finally curry leaves and pour the tadka over the Pinapple Pulissery .Authentic And signature dish of Kerala Pine apple Pulissery is now ready to be served.
- Using coconut oil for the gravy to bring the authentic Kerala Touch.
- Adjust the no .of Green Chillies according to your taste buds.
- Pairs well with Steamed Rice , Potato fry and Vadams
- Carry out the entire cooking in a low flame
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughts J