Vegetable Biryani is a flavourful vegetarian delicacy .It can be cooked so easily when all the veggies are readily available .We can say it is a perfect dish for any bachelor’s. It can be prepared easily in a pressure cooker or Electric Rice cooker and with the veggies available in home. Lately we have got many requests to post Bachelor dishes .So on the coming days we will be seeing more recipes of them.
Similar Bachelor Recipes:
Check out the other Rice/Grains Recipes too…
Vegetable biryani recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category : Main dish
Prep Time: 20 mins | Bake Time – 25 mins| Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
1) In a Pressure cooker or a pan add in the oil, wait till the oil heats up then add in the ingredients under “To Temper” table fry for a minute and then add in the sliced onions and fry till the onions become translucent. Next add in the chopped tomatoes and cook till it turn mushy.
2) Add in ginger garlic paste and fry for about 2 mins till the raw smell leaves keep the stove in medium flame or the ginger garlic paste might get burnt. Keep on stirring. Next add in the Coriander leaves and mint leaves and fry till it shrinks.
3) Next add the chopped veggies. I have used carrot, Beans, Green peas and potato .Chop all the veggies into dices or lengthwise .either ways it works good. Next add in all the spice powders and mix well. Then add in curd.
4) As a pre-requisite soak the rice in water for about 30mins before cooking. Now add in the soaked basmati rice in cooker fry for about a min and then add in the measured water wait till it boils and keep the stove in a high flame and now close the cooker and wait till stream comes and then put the whistle and cook for about 1 whistle or 3 mins whichever is longer. Tasty veg biryani is now ready to be served.
- You can also cook the same in Electric Rice cooker. In that case use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of Rice.
- You use cauliflower,Brocoli and any veggies of your choice to the biryani.
- My Version of biryanis is bit spicy so adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
Please do try and let us know your comments .We value your thoughtsJ