My Little one love cookies a lot, so my love for cookie started because of her especially when she loved the cookies made by me. The happiness when we bake a cookie and when it turns like a store bought one is unbeatable .So my whole Wheat Cashew cookie is one among them. To make it healthier I made it with Wheat Flour, the same recipe can also be made with all-purpose flour. So give a try ladies I bet you will love this one
Cashew Butter cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time – 15 mins|Makes :10-12 |Author :Sharmila
Wheat Flour – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Cashew Nuts – ¼ cup
Softened unsalted butter – ¼ cup
Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
Milk as needed
Salt a pinch
1. Start by toasting the cashew nuts .In a baking tray line a parchment paper and arrange the cashew nuts. Preheat the oven for about 180 deg C for 10 mins and then toast the nuts for about 7-8 mins or until the cashew nuts turns golden brown in colour. Once its toasted remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely .After that pulse the toasted Cashew nuts in a blender in a food processor or blender in to a coarse mixture.
2. In a large bowl add in Whole Wheat flour, powdered sugar, Salt and the Cashew nuts.
3. Then add in the butter and Vanilla essence .Mix everything together and sprinkle milk little by little to for a very soft dough.
4. Allow the dough to rest for about 15 mins .Divide the dough into equal sized balls and press in between the palms to form a cookie shape. Or you can use a cookie cutter to bring in the desired shape. In a baking tray line a parchment paper and arrange the cookies .Preheat the oven for about 180 Deg for 10 mins and then bake it for about 15-18 mins in 180 deg C. Keep a watch after 15 mins. Remove from the oven once the cookie turn golden brown in colour as the baking time may vary from oven to oven. Once it’s baked remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Store it in an air tight container.
- Check your oven user manual for the baking time as it may vary from oven to oven.
- You can also add badam and pista and make the cookie even richer.
- Prefect for the evening with a cup of Ginger tea J.This will be a very good after school snack for kids.