Manchurians are always a party pleaser. It goes well with any Chinese Dish .Last week when we went out for Team Dinner we were served Chicken Manchurian, Fish Manchurian and Gobi Manchurian plus many more. Then I realised how did I miss this fantastic recipe in the blog then the same weekend for Sunday Lunch I prepared Chicken Manchurian along with Chicken Fried Rice.
I have watched many you tube videos for this recipe and finally came up with my own version. Do try this out .You will love it for sure as I did.
Similar Chinese Dish
Check Out the other Chicken Recipes too…
Recipe Cuisine: chinese| Recipe Category :Side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook time :30mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Boneless Chicken – ½ kg
Onion – 1
Capsicum – 1
Green Chilli – 2
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Water as needed
Salt as needed
Spring onions – 3 tbsp
Oil for deep frying +2 tbsp
Red Chiili Sauce – ¼ cup
Soy Sauce 1 ½ tsp
Gram Flour – 2 tsp
Corn Flour – ½ cup
Rice Flour – 2 tsp
Maida – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
1. In a large mixing bowl take the cleaned chicken pieces add in the ingredients mentioned under the “To Marinate” table, add little water and mix everything to form a fine marinade and allow it to rest for about 15 mins.
2. In a pan add in Oil for deep frying .Once it becomes hot add in the marinated chicken pieces and deep fry it.
. Fry till the chicken is cooked and the drain the fired chicken in paper towel this will help us remove the excess oil after deep frying. Next in the same pan add in finely chopped Garlic pieces and Green chillies.
. After a min add in the diced Onions saute for a while and then add in diced capsicum saute it for a min and then add in Soy Sauce and Red Chilli Sauce .Mix everything well.
5. Then add in Pepper powder and Salt and Mix well. Take the Corn flour in a bowl and add little water and form a slurry and mix well .Now add this Corn flour water to the pan and keep cooking till the gravy thickens ,Check for salt and spice and then add in the Fried Chicken .
6. Mix everything well and finally garnish with chopped Spring Onions and switch off the flame.
- You can actually add a pinch of ajinomoto, however that is completely optional.
- Keep a check while adding salt as the sauce will also have Salt in it.
- I made it as a thick gravy, you can also dilute it if you require it saucier.