Karachi Biscuits are a famous cookies from Hyderabad. Anybody in Hyderabad would sure had tasted this cookies for sure. So being a cookie lover I decided to give a try the result was lovely and I liked them a lot.
Similar cookie Recipes:
Check out the other Cakes/Bakes too...KARACHI BISCUITS Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins|Bake time :15 -20mins | Makes :30 |Author :Sharmila
All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup
Room Temperature Butter – ½ cup
Custard Powder – ½ cup Vanilla flavored
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Cashew nuts - ¼ cup
Tutti Frutti – ¾ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Milk – 5 tbsp
1. In a large mixing bowl sieve in All-purpose flour and Custard powder and Mix both together.
2. To the mixing bowl add in roughly chopped cashew nuts and Tutti frutti .Whisk everything together.
3. In another mixing bowl add in room temperature butter and powdered sugar. Cream the butter and sugar well and then add in milk Whisk everything together.
4. Once the milk, butter and sugar are well combined. Add in the prepared flour mixture in batches. Make sure there are no lumps .If the mixture is very dry add in little milk.
5. Roll the prepared dough to form logs or any desired shapes and cover it using a cling wrap and freeze it for about 15 mins or until it become firm .Once out of the fridge remove the cling wrap and cut into equal sized pieces .Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and bake in 180 Deg C for about 15 mins are until the cookies start turning brown. Once the completely cooled store in air tight containers and enjoy J
- You can also replace custard powder with Corn flour or all-purpose flour .
- If using corn flour you have to add 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- Also add in a pinch of yellow food colour.
- Baking time may differ from oven to oven so keep a check on the cookies after 12 mins.