It’s been raining now and then in Bangalore. As we all know Rain and Pakoras have a strong connection .Whenever it starts raining Pakoras and hot chai are the first thing that comes in most of our minds. So one fine day when it was raining I made this Crispy hot Onion Pakoras .I would say they tasted heavenly .Me and my hubby enjoyed it a lot.
Onion Pakora Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Snack
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :5 mins per batch | Serves :3 |Author :Sharmila
Onion – 3 sliced lengthwise
Gram flour/Besan – ½ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 2
Ginger a small piece
Curry leaves a spring
Cooking soda a pinch
Salt as needed
Hing a pinch
Water as needed
1. In a large vessel add in the sliced onions, finely chopped green chilli and Ginger.
2. Add in hing, Cooking soda, Salt, Chilli powder, Curry Leaves.
3. Finally add in the Besan flour and Rice flour and Mix well. Add in water little by little and mix everything well to form a dry mixture, Make sure it is not watery .If watery the pakoras will drink more oil and become soggy.
- Don’t add too much water to the onion as the pakoras may not be crispy.
- For a different flavour add in more curry leaves.
- Tastes good when served with chai.