Puli Kuzhambu’s are my favourite .I love the tangy taste in it .This Peanut puli kuzhambu idea has been brought to me by my friend. Till she told me about this I was thinking we can use only vegetables in kuzhambu .But now Peanut is a tasty alternative to vegetables.
I served my Puli Kuzhambu with Steamed Rice, Masala Omelette, Mixed Vegetables stir Fry and Mango Thokku.
Check out the Similar Recipes too..
Check out the other KuzhambuRecipes too
Peanut puli kuzhambu Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook time :20mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Small onions – 10 nos
Garlic – 6 pods
Tamarind – lemon sized ball
Roasted Peanuts – 1/3 cup
Tomato – ½
Sambar powder – 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
Sambar powder Alternate:
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – ½ tsp
1. In a kadai/Pan add in oil, once it heats up add in Mustard seeds wait till it splutter and then add fenugreek seeds and then add in Curry Leaves. Then add in finely chopped garlic pieces. Wait till it turn golden and then add in the Onions.
2. Saute well until the onions turn translucent .Next add in chopped tomatoes cook till the onions turns mushy, next add in the Roasted peanuts and mix everything really well. Add water in a bowl and immerse the Tamarind for about 15 mins and squeeze out the water .Pour the tamarind water in the gravy.
3. Next add in Sambar powder and salt mix well and cook till the gravy leaves excess oil in its side or till the kuzhambu consistency is reached.
- You can replace Sambar powder with other spice powders, I have mentioned them in the ingredients list.
- Pairs well with Steamed Rice and Omlette.
- I have used roasted peanut for this kuzhambu otherwise roast the peanuts separately before adding into the kuzhambu.