Rava kesari is one easy sweet that can be made in a jiffy. This is one no fail recipe of Rava Keasai. Rava Kesari would have been prepared at least once in any South Indian Kitchen .Whenever I crave for anything sweet, the sweet that comes in my mind is Rava Kesari. This could be made in no time with the available ingredients from your kitchen. This could also be served to sudden guests in home. The goodness of this kesari is that it melts in mouth. Authentic Kesari is served in many South Indian Weddings.
I have prepared the Kesari multiple time so the colour of the kesari might be different in the pictures .As I have used different Kesari powder.
Similar Festival Recipes:
- Semiya /Vermicelli Payasam
- Beetroot Halwa
- Moong Dal Keer/Parupu Payasam
- Paal Kozhukatai /Rice flour Ballsin Milk Sauce
Rava Kesari Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Sweet
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins | Serves: 3
1)Heat a non-stick pan add ghee and once it’s hot add the rava and fry till nice aroma comes from the rava. Fry the rava in medium flame .And transfer to a plate and set aside.
3) Cook for 3 -4 mins until the rava gets cooked well.
4) Now slowly add the sugar and kesari powder. Keep stirring continuously. There might be lumps but don’t panics as the sugar melts the lumps will disappear.
5) Keep stirring continuously.
6) Keep stirring continuously until the kesari consistency is reached (Such that the rava doesn’t stick to the pan).
7) Fry the Cashew nuts and raisins and add to the Kesari.
- You can grease a plate and spread the Kesari after cooling down you can cut it into desired shapes and serve.
- Elachi powder(Cardamom) could be also added it adds a nice aroma to the kesari.