Shredded Pepper Chicken is one recipe which we happen to eat accidently in a military hotel in Salem. We started around 11 o clock from Bangalore to our home town and by the time we reached Salem it was 3pm.We were so hungry and we couldn’t find much options as it was a Sunday and most of the shops were closed by that time .Luckily we found a Military Hotel in Salem bypass road. We had very minimal Options of food left. So me and my hubby ordered Desi Chicken Meal along with Shredded Pepper Chicken it was then we happened to taste this awesome dish .We both liked it so much and my hubby asked me to try the same recipe in home and I got close to it J Happy me..
This dish has very minimal spices added but it tastes awesome. This dish will be a part of our meal in regular intervals. Do try this recipe and I bet you too will fall in love!!
- Pepper Chicken
- Sauteed Chicken with Capsicum andOnions
- Juicy chicken Legs Fry
- Chicken Fry
- Chicken Keema stir Fry
Shredded pepper chicken Recipe
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category :Side dish
Prep Time: 15 mins| Cook time :20mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Chicken – ½ kg
Small Onions – 10-12 nos
Curry Leaves – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Lemon – ½
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Whole Pepper Corns – 2tbsp
Roasted Cumin /Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – as needed
Salt as needed
Water – ¼ cup
1. In a Pressure cooker add in the chicken, Salt, Turmeric powder, Ginger garlic paste and water and Pressure cook for one whistle. Wait till the pressure gets released all by itself.
2. Open the pressure cooker and shred the cooked chicken separately leaving aside bones .Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken .Now in another pan/Kadai add in oil and wait till it heats up.
3. Add in curry leaves sauté for a mina and then add in the chopped small onions .Cook till the onions turns translucent. Add in Garam Masala, Crushed pepper powder, Cumin Powder and Salt and Mix everything well.
4. Next add in the Shredded Chicken and mix well. Roast for about 7 mins till everything gets blended and a nice aroma comes .check for salt and spice and switch off the flame.
- The Original recipe calls for Desi Chicken/Naatu kozhi .
- If Desi chicken is used pressure the chicken for about 3 whistles.