Prawns are loved by all the sea food lovers .Baby prawn is also a tasty delicacy .Last week when we went to supermarket I saw a big packet of Dry Baby Prawns ,I immediately picked it .I love baby prawn stir fry it tastes to similar other veggie poriyal. It is because of the size of the baby prawns. Be it dry or fresh baby prawns we can follow the same method of cooking.
I usually don’t eat dry fish but this baby prawn is an exception it doesn’t taste and smell like other dry fishes .Baby Prawn is called Kooni meen in tamil.
Other Sea Food Recipes
Baby prawn stir fry Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Side-dish
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins |Serves:2 |Author :Sharmila
Baby prawns – 1 cup
Onion – 1 big
Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
Urad Dal -1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – spring
Salt as needed
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Oil - 1stp
Coconut – ¼ cup
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Garlic pods – 4
Jeera/Cumin seeds -1 tsp
1. In a blender add in the ingredients listed under “To Grind” table and blend it into a coarse mixture without adding water and set aside.
2. In a Kadai add in oil once it heats up ass in the Mustard seeds ,Urad Dal and then curry leaves once they splutter add in finely chopped onions and fry till they become soft.
3. In a big bowl take the baby prawns and wash well by adding water .Wash it thrice or four times. Once it is clean add it into the Kadai along with the onion and mix well.
4. Next add in turmeric powder and Salt and cook for about 5 mins or so. Next add in the ground coconut masala and stir well cook for another 3 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve with Steamed Rice.
- If you are using Dry Baby Prawns do check while adding Salt as it will already have salt in it.
- Tastes good when served with Steamed Rice and Sambar.