Bread Halwa is one dessert which I used to prepare from the initial days of my cooking. I use to have bread in my fridge always so whenever guests visit home I have prepared bread halwa for them. The recipe is so simple and easy. The Halwa tastes great with just simple ingredients .So give a try J
Check out the other sweets/Desserts too..
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :20 mins | Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
1. Take the bread Slices .Chop in the edges and then cut the bread slices into cubes and set aside. Next in a Kadai/Pan heat in ghee .
2. Add in the chopped bread cubes in to the pan and toss in the ghee till it becomes crisp .Once they turn crisp add in the boiled milk and then start mashing the bread pieces. It will look so gooey at this stage.
3. Next add in sugar and mix well till the milk completely evaporates it may take some 7-8 mins. Cook in a medium flame. Soak in the Almonds and Cashew nut in hot water for about 2 hours and the with the reserved 2 tbsp of milk blend the almonds and cashew nuts together into a fine paste.
4. Add in the blended Almonds and Cashew nuts puree in to bread halwa and cook for another 2 mins at this stage the bread starts to get thick now add in the 2 tbsp of ghee and cook in a low flame till it start to ooze out oil ,and then switch off the flame.
- I have removed the edges of the bread slices .But it will taste good without removing also .I have tried both the ways with and without the edges.
- You can also fry the nuts in ghee and add to the halwa.
- Tastes good when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- I have used wheat bread for this recipe .But you can use milk bread too.