Bread Vada we can also call it as Instant Vada .This Vada requires No Soaking and No Grinding, Can you believe it? And yes nobody will find it is made of Bread unless you reveal them .I made these Vada for a Sunday Breakfast when my brother-in-law visited us.
I Prepared Idli and Sambar for him. Usually we get Vada from outside if we need it, but this Sunday morning my hubby was so lazy to wake up and go outside to get vada .It was then I decided to prepare this Bread Vada and yes it was a hit and loved by everyone in family JWhat brings more happiness than serving our family with the food they love!!! Enough of my Vada stories ;) Now let’s get cooking J
Bread vada Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Snack
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :5-7 mins per batch | Makes :30 |Author :Sharmila
Bread – 5 slices
Grated Carrot – ½ cup
Finely chopped Coriander +Mint Leaves – ½ cup
Green Chilli – 2
Onion – 1
Curd – ¼ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
1. In a big vessel add in Grated Carrot Finely chopped Coriander leaves, Mint Leaves and Finely Chopped Onions and green Chilli and Salt .Tear in the Bread as Small pieces .Mix everything well.
2. Along with the bread mixture add in Rice Flour and Curd .Mix well and roll into a dough. Divide the dough into small portions and shape it into Vada. Shape the Entire dough and let it Rest. Meanwhile Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.3. Once the oil becomes hot drop in the shaped Vada’s and deep fry it till it is cooked. Once it’s cooked drain in paper towels and Serve hot.
- You can add Curry Leaves also for a good flavor.
- Tastes good with Tomato Ketchup or just plain.
- Can be served as an evening snack along with chai.
- I used brown bread for this recipe .Milk/White Bread can also be used
- No need to trim the edges of the bread slices.
- The purpose of adding curd is for binding so adjust the amount of curd accordingly.I used ¼ cup