I am somehow hooked up with cookies these days... I feel like trying more and more when the cookies I bake turn out super delicious. This Butterscotch cookie is one among them. I have two more cookies in the line to be posted J
There was a butterscotch milk shake powder bottle lying in my fridge for quite some time and we are bored of drink the milk shake so I was trying to find a way to empty it out... It was then I decided to try this butterscotch cookie .It turned out super delicious with full of heavenly butterscotch flavour .I have not added sugar in this recipe as the milk shake powder already had sugar in it .It even took it to office my colleagues enjoyed them.
Check out the other Cakes/Bakes recipes too..
Butterscotch cookie Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :cookie
Prep Time: 10 mins |Bake Time :12-15 mins |Makes:30 |Author :Sharmila
ButterScotch Milk Shake Powder – ½ cup
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Butter – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
Butterscotch chips – 2 tbsp
1. In a large bowl add in Butterscotch Milk shake powder and then add in the room temperature butter. Cream both the milk shake powder and butter well.2. Next add in the all-purpose flour mix everything to form a soft dough .If you feel the mixture is too thick then add in a tbsp. of milk and milk well. In a blender add in the butter scotch chips and blend once to form a course mixture.
3. Now add in the ground butterscotch chips with the flour mixture and mix well to form a soft dough
. Divide the dough into equal sized small balls and shaped to form cookies and keep in a lined baking tray. Preheat the oven in 180 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the cookies in 170 deg C for about 13-15 mins or until it’s done.
- Leave space between cookies as the cookie might spread a little while baking.
- Once the cookie is done the cookie will be very soft but it becomes hard after cooling.
- You can turn the cookie backside and check if its baked .It will be crisp and brown as shown in the image.
- If you don’t have butterscotch milk shake powder replace the same with 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ,1/2 cup powdered sugar and add in 1 tsp of butterscotch essence .But in this case you will not get the nice yellow colour.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven so check your oven manual before baking.