Patani Sundal /Green Peas Sundal is a protein rich evening snack .It can be prepared quickly within 5 mins if we have the green peas cooked readily.It is a filling and healthy snack .We can prepare Sundal using variety of grams by following the same recipe .Now let’s get cooking
Patani/Green peas sundal Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Snacks
Prep Time :Overnight(Soaking) | Cook Time : 5-7 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Green Peas – 1 cup
Freshly grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tbsp
Dry Red hilli – 2
Curry Leaves -1 spring
Salt as needed
1. Take Peas in a large bowl add in water above the level of the peas and soak it overnight. In the morning take the soaked peas in a cooker add in salt and pressure cook for about 4 whistles or till it is done. Make sure the peas does not gets mashed.
2. In a Pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal, Dry Red Chilli and Curry Leaves it will splutter and emits a nice aroma.3. Next add in the cooked Peas and sauté for about 3-5 mins in low flame .Check for salt and then add as we have already added salt while cooking the green Peas. Finally add in the freshly grated coconut.
4. Mix everything well and toss of 2 mins and switch off the flame .Tasty and flavourful Peas sundal is now ready J
- Frozen peas can also be used for this recipe.
- Don’t reduce the amount of coconut added as the flavour of the sundal comes mainly from the coconut.
- Serve Patani Sundal with a cup of chai as an evening snack.