Peanuts is been consumed by many as a snack. However it also goes very well as a main ingredient. I pack lunch to my office most of the days and Peanut Rice will be in my menu once in every two weeks .We can make this Peanut powder during weekend and whip us Peanut Rice less than 5 mins .It is that easy and tasty indeed !!
Similar Lunch Box Recipes:
Check out the other Rice and Grains too
Peanut rice Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Main course
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :20 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Coriander Leaves to garnish
To Roast and Grind:
Peanuts - ½ cup
Freshly grated coconut – ¼ cup
Cumin/Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
Roasted channa dal – 1/8 cup
Red Chilli powder -1 tbsp or Dry Red chilli – 3 nos
Coriander powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
1. In a Kadai/Pan dry roast the Peanuts once it’s roasted add in Grated Coconuts, Cumin Seeds and Sesame Seeds.
2. Then add in curry Leaves, Roasted Channa Dal. Mix everything well and switch off the flame once a nice aroma comes.
3. Once it cools down take the dry roasted mixture in a blender and add in Chilli powder, Coriander Powder and Salt and blend everything together to form a coarse mixture. In a Kadai /Pan add in oil once the oil heats up add in mustard seeds ,urad dal ,Dry Red Chilli’s and Curry Leaves and wait till it splutter .
4. Next add in the ground peanut powder and sauté for a min make sure the powder doesn’t get burnt so adjust the flame accordingly .Then add in the cooked rice and mix well .check for salt and other seasoning and switch off the flame. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- You can make this Peanut powder and store up to a week in refrigerator.
- You can skip adding the chilli powder and Coriander Powder .Instead add dry red chilli. Tastes good in both the versions.
- Pairs well with raita and chips.