I never believed Rava Idli used to taste awesome until the day I tasted it in Hot chips Restaurant Chennai .Me and Brother used to be a Regular visitor of Hot Chips Restaurant during our collage Days .I used to visit St Antony’s chapel in Paris Corner every Tuesday those days so after that Me and my Brother used to dine at the nearby Hot chips Restaurant Good Old days J
The Recipe of Rava Idli is so simple and can be prepared in less than half an hour .It includes no soaking or no grinding.. Hence can be prepared any time instantly. Whenever I run out of Idli Dosa batter Rava Idli used to be my Saviour .My Hubby who is a Picky Eater also likes Rava Idli so much. Hence i prepare Rava Idli's very Often !!
Rava idly Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 mins |Cook Time :12-15 mins | Makes :8 |Author :Sharmila |
Recipe Source: Chitra Food Book
1. In a Kadai dry roast the Rava for about 5 mins .Make sure the colour of the Rava doesn’t change. Remove the rava to a plate and allow it to cool down. In the same Kadai add in Oil.
2. Once the oil heats up add in Mustard Seeds and Cumin seeds wait till they splutter and then add Urad Dal, Pepper corns, finely chopped ginger and Green Chilli. Next add in Chopped Cashew nuts and finely chopped Curry Leaves.
3. Now add in the cooled Rava over the Tempering and mix well and switch off the flame. Take the Rava mixture in a bowl and add in the Fresh Curd.
4. Mix everything well and then add in salt finely chopped Coriander Leaves and the required Water .The consistency should be similar to the idly batter consistency .Finally add in Cooking soda. And mix the batter well. The batter will now bubble up after adding the cooking soda .Now Prepare the idly pan by greasing it.
5. Pour the Prepared batter and cook for about 10-12 mins or until the idli is cooked. Once cooked switch off the flame. Allow it to cool down and then remove the idly from the pan by sprinkling a little water oven the idli .It will come out clean from the Idli pan.
Serve the Idli’s hot with Chutney and Sambar.
- You can also add Eno fruit salt instead of cooking soda.
- Tastes great when served hot along with chutney and sambar..
- You can also add grated Carrot along with the batter.