Potatoes are always available in any Indian Kitchen .It can be prepared quickly on a busy working day morning. For a change try this small and cute baby potatoes. Bet you will love it J Give a try
Baby potato roast Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Lunch side Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :20 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
1. Wash the baby potatoes well and pressure cook it for about 2 whistles. Wait till the pressure gets released all by itself and then open the cooker once it is of bearable heat peel the skin of the baby potatoes.
2. To the cooked baby potatoes now add in Rice flour, Salt, Chilli powder and Turmeric powder and toss well till the masala gets coated well on all the sides of the baby potatoes. Prick the baby potatoes with a fork and toss it well once again .Make sure not to break the potatoes wile pricking with the fork.3. Take a kadai and add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds and hing .Now crush the peeled Garlic pods and then add and fry for a min and then add in Curry Leaves .Next add in the Masala Coated Baby Potatoes.
- If your baby potatoes are very big you can chop them in to two and roast.
- Using crushed Garlic pods in the curry gives a very nice flavour you can also add it as a whole
- Tastes best when served with Curd Rice or steamed rice and sambar.
- Instead of pressure cooking the potatoes it can also be boiled in a open pot.