A Very common cake that every baker begins with is a Vanilla Cake /Sponge Cake... Sharing one such recipe today... The Sponginess of the cake comes from the addition of Egg. Sponge Cake can be frosted and decorated for parties, or can be had just like that with a cup of Chai. My Daughter simply loved this cake. Now get see the recipe…
Check out the other Cakes/Bakes too...
Vanilla sponge cake Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cakes
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time :30 min |Author :Sharmila
1. In a blender add in Butter and Sugar blend well till both the ingredients are blended well. Crack open an egg to this.
2. Blend well until the egg is well combined with the Butter and Sugar mixture. Crack open the other egg and repeat the same process. To this add in the Vanilla Essence and blend everything together finally.
3. Transfer this blended mixture to a large mixing bowl. Meanwhile sift in all the dry ingredients together twice or thrice.
4. Slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients in batches and fold gently with a spatula. Fold gently until everything is well combined. Add in the Milk and fold once again. Don't beat the batter fast at this stage as the batter has to be folded gently for a crack less cake.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared Cake Pan and Pre heat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then Bake the Cake at 180 Deg C for about 30 mins or until a tooth pick when inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- The Baking time may vary from oven to oven so check the user manual instruction before baking the cake.
- Instead of blender you can use the Electric beater to creme the butter and sugar together.
- Don’t omit the sifting of dry ingredients as sifting helps in all the ingredients to combine evenly and it brings a nice aeration to the flour.
- My cake was baked in 30 mins sharp.