Raita is a go to recipe on any busy day. It can be prepared with very less effort and I cannot think of my biryani without a Raita .Though we spend so much effort in making the Main course a simple Raita will bring a lot of difference to the food. Do prepare different types of raita and enjoy your food.
Check out the other Rice/Grains Recipe
Cucumber Raita Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Raita
Prep Time:5 mins |Serves:3 |Author :Sharmila
Thick Curd /Yogurt - 1 cup
Cucumber – 1
Onion – 1
Green chilli – 2
Coriander Leaves – to garnish
Salt as needed
1. Peel the skin of the Cucumber and chop it into small pieces. Chop the other ingredients as well. Cut the Onions lengthwise and spate it into individual strands. In a mixing bowl take the curd.
2. Whisk the curd well till it becomes smooth. Add in all the chopped veggies and salt .Mix well and Serve with any spicy pulao or Paratha.
- I have used English Cucumber for this recipe hence I have not chopped the inside seeds.
- If using Desi Cucumber remove the seeds and then chop or grate the cucumber as desired.
- Carefully add salt as a little more salt might destroy the Raitha.
- Can be served with any Spicy Biryani, Pulao or Even Paratha.