My daughter likes ice-cream a lot but I am hesitant to give her ice-cream. So my mom suggested to prepare ice creme at home and give her. But I dint have any Ice cream maker in home. So googled a lot and found this awesome idea for no churn custard powder ice-cream. It was a real success my daughter loved it. But then I dint click pictures on the first try.
Later I tried it once again and clicked pictures. Now I am confident of making Ice cream in home .Happy me :) Today being friendship day I dedicate this post to all my lovely friends out there ….
Custard powder icecream Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Ice Cream
Prep Time: 16 hours | Cook Time :20 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Milk – 2 cup
Custard Powder – 3 tbsp (Vanilla Flavour)
Sugar – ½ cup
Fresh Cream – ¼ cup
1. Take ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl and add in the Custard powder mix well such that no lumps remain in the custard powder and set aside.
2. In a Sauce pan add in the remaining 1 ¾ cup milk and boil once it starts boiling add in the sugar and custard powder mix to the milk and mix well.
3. Cook the milk in low flame such that the milk is reduced. Keep stirring continually. If the milk stick to the sides make sure to scrap it. Once the milk is reduced and becomes thick switch off the flame, once it is cooled down add in the fresh cream and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture in to a freezer safe box and freeze it till it sets it may take around 4-5 hours.
5. Once the ice-cream sets remove it and take it in a blender and blend well till it is creamy and pour it back it the freezer safe container and freeze for another 2 hours.
6. Continue this process of freezing and blending for another 5 times. At the last time freeze it overnight. In the morning scoop out and serve.
- I used Amul Fresh Cream for preparing the ice - cream
- Any flavoured custard powder can be used. I used Vanilla Flavour.
- The blending and freezing it a bit time consuming and messy job but after seeing the end result it is totally worth it.
- The more you freeze and blend the more creamy texture you get in your ice creams.
- The ice-cream stays good for about a week.
- If you have hand blender you can use that instead of blending it again and again.