Fish Cutlet is an easy appetizer that can be prepared easily .It is sure a crowd pleaser. I love Sea food and a cutlet with a fish is still amazing .It can be prepared with any fish of your choice .Make sure the fish has less bones..
Fish cutlet Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Starter/appetizer
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :20 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Fish – 250 gm
Potato – 1 big
Onion – 1
Coriander leaves – 1/8 cup
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Oil – for Deep Frying
Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as needed
1. Marinate the Fish with all the ingredients mentioned in the To Marinate table and allow it to rest for about 30 mins. Shallow fry the marinated fish pieces till it is 90% cooked.
2. Once it is cooked remove it from the pan and allow the fish to cool for some time. When it is of bearable heat shred the fish into small pieces. Add the Shredded fish pieces into a big vessel, to this add in Boiled and Mashed potato, finely chopped onion, Garam Masala, Coriander Leaves and Salt. Adjust the Salt as the fish has already Salt in it.
3. Mix everything together to form a fine dough. In a bowl add in the Corn Flour and then add in water and form a thick paste in another bowl take in the Bread Crumbs.
4. Form the prepared dough into small patties first dip in Corn flour paste coat it with bread crumbs repeat this for all the patties.
5. In a Pan heat in oil for deep frying once it’s hot drop in the patties and deep fry till done. Drain in paper towels. Serve hot J
- Do not flip the culets immediately after dropping oil it might get crumbled .hence give some time to set and then flip and cook.
- Never overcrowd the cutlets while frying it might again crumbled the cutlets.
- Any Fish with less bones can be used for the cutlets.
- I used Red Snapper fish,